About

The Radlett Village Institute was built in 1928, in order to accommodate worthy local groups and societies, including the Radlett Men’s Club, in the Main Hall, ancillary room and Gardens.  The original building cost was c. £5,000 most of which was raised from the community and built on land partly donated by a local philanthropist the Hon. Mrs R.C Phillimore.  Once built, the Men’s Club moved in and remain there to the present day.

A substantial part of the costs of running the RVI is the income received from hiring out the Main Hall and the Gardens.  Today, the Village Institute is used by a range of organisations such as the WEA, holding Literature Classes, a Dance School, Keep Fit classes, a Bridge Club, Slimming World, Yoga, Children’s Group, Zumba Classes, a Martial Arts Club and a Drama group.

In October 2020 the Radlett and District Museum opened in the rear garden of the Radlett Village Institute.

Bookings for the Hall or the Meeting Room can be taken by Christine Raw, the resident Caretaker, on 01923 856462